Short vs Long Neck Varieties
Short Neck (Type 1)
- Short Neck varieties have a slight bulge in the neck
- Denticles “Small Dots” have a larger gap from the edge of the coin.
- Copper-Nickel KM X#M7 Mintage: 500
- .925 Silver KM X#M8 Mintage: 50
- .5830 Gold KM X#M9 Mintage: 5
Long Neck (Type 2)
- Long Neck varieties have a long distinctly vertical neck.
- Denticles have no gap from the edge of the coin
- Copper-Nickel KM X#M10 Mintage: 1,000
- Bronze KM X#M11 Mintage: 500
- .925 Silver KM X#M12 Mintage: 200
- .5830 Gold KM X#M13 Mintage: 5
Brief History on Richard Lobel Fantasy Issues
Richard Lobel is a coin dealer based in London, England. His coin store Coincraft manufactured theses and many other fantasy coins throughout the years. Lobel issued fantasy issues for Cuban, Australian, British, New Zealand, Burma, Hong Kong, and others.
Andrew Lydic – Numismatist – E-Commerce Manager at Coinacopia
“Cuba Page 159 .” Unusual World Coins: Companion Volume to Standard Catalog of World Coins, by George S. Cuhaj, KP Books, 2011.
“ Richard Lobel .” CoinsWeekly, 28 June 2019, coinsweekly.com/whoswho/lobel-richard/.